[Homestead] Bush second term

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Sat Sep 4 12:37:56 EDT 2004

I had just finished reading Brooks when you sent this. I agree that he is
wonderfully optimistic.

For the first time, I have printed out and am reading the 94-page
Republican Party Platform, using a lot of red comment ink as I go. In
addition to the expected gushing about the wonderfulness of Bush and his
cohorts, there are actually some ideas and figures that caused me pause. I
will report more later. One reason I am subjecting myself to this is I want
to see how much of what is in the official platform actually happens.