[Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Fri Sep 3 10:19:12 EDT 2004

>Now the drive appears to be to sucker people into deep debt regardless of
>their ability to pay and then extract the money by whatever means.

It's the same immorality that is behind preying on military personnel by
insurance agents clustered around military bases. Soldiers are talked into
burdening themselves with huge amounts of questionable insurance.

I believe in personal responsibility. But it seems unrealistic to expect
young people to stand up to and say no to those who make seductive
promises. How can they get world knowledge except by living longer?

So we have laws to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Shall we
cut them loose?