[Homestead] Poison Ivy

ted music at thenightshades.com
Fri Sep 3 00:14:39 EDT 2004

on 9/2/04 11:52 AM, homestead-request at lists.ibiblio.org at
homestead-request at lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> I wonder : would an inoculation/transfusion of
> kinfolks blood carry antibodies/immunity in it ??
>
> Toni

I know that poison oak/ivy/sumac was a plant of 1000 uses for aborigines in
this continent. They ate out of baskets made of it, everything. I understand
some Crows beat themselves with branches of it in the sweat lodge!

I've often guessed that immunity was passed along in the mother's milk-
could well be the cradle was made of poison ivy too.

I wonder if I just encountered it too late in life- I get it bad.
Ted