[Homestead] Dr-r-r-r-r-um Roll, the Slepcev Storch

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 1 21:00:07 EDT 2004

If you want to live forever and your grandmother wants to take off and
land from her strawberry patch, this is the airplane for you---the
Slepcev Storch, a three-quarter scale replica of the WWII Fieseler
Storch---couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it fly---it could be
throttled down so you could comfortably walk beside it  in a twenty mile
headwind.

http://storch.com.au/  (originally the Fieseler Storch used by Germans
in WWII to ferry officers around battlefields, land and take-off from
roads, farm fields, fly backwards in a twenty mile headwind. A
thre-quarter scale version designed by Slepcev has the same flight and
stall characteristics---you can walk beside it as it flies in a fifteen
mile headwind---strong and the safest airplane in the world---fly into a
brick wall and walk away unharmed.

http://storch.com.au/storch.htm  (fully certified, available from an
Australian manufacturer in kit form or flyaway.)

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jbrmhall/  (homebuilt Storchs in
China,Italy and Australia)

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jbrmhall/useful.htm  (Nestor Slepcev
suggested changes to his original Storch design---a lot of them and all
make sense, especially the switch to a four-stroke engine---a
homebuilder HAS to read this.)

http://www.ultralightflyer.com/storch/  (Canadian source, nice pictures
and performance description)