[Homestead] Car; Kiekhafer

Warren F. Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Wed Sep 1 16:24:31 EDT 2004

Brief summary from: http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/nascar/facts.html

"Carl Kiekhafer, an iron-willed eccentric who invented the team concept in
stock car racing, wouldn't let his drivers or crew sleep with their spouses
the night before a race. He was the most successful owner of the 1950s."

He went through NASCAR like Sherman through Atlanta. I think you were lucky
to know him, and probably he, you. His performance boat work was just as
impressive.

Warren

>>tvoivozhd---never talked to him about Nascar, our only mutual
>>interest
>>was outboard engines

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.