[freetds] FreeTDS: Facing issue with Freebcp option -F

vasanth.sengunthar at accenture.com vasanth.sengunthar at accenture.com
Mon Aug 22 05:40:20 EDT 2016

Hi,

Please check below codes with error of freebcp -F option, which is not giving the desired results. In below example we are trying to restore the table of (MS SQL server 2012) from flat file as source. The said flat file is having two rows as header so we want to start from 3rd row, however the option fails to do so and considers the first two row while restoring.

And these said columns are declared as money datatype in SQL, so due to unexpected text with header line its getting failed.

freebcp dbo.dev01_temp in /test/data/fd/f1.dat -F2 -f/test/data/da_bcp.fmt -SSIMA -Ppsd -Utest -e /test/logs/bcp_error.txt

Starting copy...

Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20050, Level 4
Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field
Msg 20088, Level 3
I/O error while writing bcp error file

1672 rows copied.

linux:white:/test/scripts> more /test/data/fd/f1.dat | wc -l
1674

linux:white:/test/scripts> more /test/logs/bcp_error.txt
#@ data conversion error on host data file Row 1 Column 23 #
#@ data conversion error on host data file Row 1 Column 27 #
#@ data conversion error on host data file Row 1 Column 28 #
#@ data conversion error on host data file Row 1 Column 31 #
#@ data conversion error on host data file Row 1 Column 32 #

Regards,
Vasanth Sengunthar
Accenture | India, Mumbai Delivery Centre
M: +91 8655274310