[freetds] Setting up FreeTDS to work with ODBC Data Source Administrator on Windows 7

Pratik Gandhi pratik31687 at outlook.com
Sun Jul 17 15:43:03 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am currently working on a database migration project from MS SQL Server to MySQL and am using the MySQL Workbench 6.3 for it. However, I have ran across a problem in migrating some of the data due to character encoding issues and it has been suggested that using FreeTDS driver (instead of Microsoft's ODBC drivers) could be of help.

Now, I have spend past couple of days reading stuff online to try and figure out how I can set up my Windows machine with FreeTDS so that ODBC Data Source Administrator recognizes it, which is what is being used by MySQL Workbench. I have, however, been unable to make any progress and am pretty stuck right now. I have downloaded windows binaries from couple of places, but honestly don't know what to do with them. I have also tried working with CMake, but again no luck there as I absolutely have no prior experience with it.

I will really appreciate if anyone can help me here and guide me through the process of making this work.

Thanks,

Pratik