[freetds] Set up client charset with DSN-less configuration

Johnny Yan jyan at tableau.com
Wed Jul 6 13:28:29 EDT 2016

Hi Frediano,

Thanks for the reply. Actually we use *W version of APIs internally. I think the sample was over-simplified. Sorry about that.

Attached please find the updated sample with SQLDriverConnectW. However with or without ClientCharset, we didn't see the client charset is set up correspondingly.

Also about UTF-8, I think you implied this is your internal default? Is there any way to change this?

If my understanding is correct, FreeTDS is doing something like <server charset> <-> UCS-2LE <-> <client charset>. Let me know otherwise though. What we want is to set the <client charset> to UTF-16 if possible.

Hope this doesn't make you more confused. But let me know if it does. We could provide more info.

Thanks,
Johnny