[freetds] Compiling Against FreeTDS 0.95 w/7.3 TDSVER Features Possible?

Ken Collins ken at metaskills.net
Sun Nov 15 15:14:29 EST 2015

I am in the process of upgrading the Ruby C extensions to FreeTDS from 0.91 to 0.95.

The primary goal is to also support using TDSVER 7.3 and the newly supported 2008 data types.

Is this possible to use these new types in 0.95 when many of the types are not defined in sybdb.h? For example here is a diff of that file when comparing 0.95 to master. https://gist.github.com/metaskills/4c9900c3d1078e5c4763

For example, I can see that dbcoltype() is returning integers that match these below. I can even see the binary data, but I am unsure how what API functions I need to use this data. So far dbdatecrack() is not working. Any recommendations?

SYBMSDATE = 40

SYBMSTIME = 41

SYBMSDATETIME2 = 42

SYBMSDATETIMEOFFSET = 43