[freetds] affected rows after insert

David Nichols david at qore.org
Mon Oct 19 06:16:52 EDT 2015

>>> Actually works and ctlib tests seems to pass.
>>>
>>> However DONEINPROC is returned in a lot of cases, for instance if
>>> database execute some trigger on the table so your patch can catch
>>> some strange results too.
>>>
>>> Which database version are you using?
>>>
>>> Frediano
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ondra has not been working on this for quite some time, but I’d like to pick up this issue again please.
>>
>> We are using MS SQL Server 2008 - using tds version = 7.2  - with the patch we are able to get the affected rows reliably - without it, we are not.
>>
>> Using the same patched library build with a Sybase (SAP) ASE 16.0 DB, it also gives correct results (with tds version = 5.0)
>>
>> I would be happy to continue helping with this issue if there’s a chance it could be included in freetds (or some other equally effective fix).
>>
>> thanks,
>> David
>>

> A fix was written for this case. Do you still have some code that
> fails? Did you update FreeTDS?
>
> Frediano

yes, I tried it with freetds from freetds-0.95.12 and git master - both failed my tests and with the patch as provded by Ondra the tests then passed.  Sorry I did not mention this in the original email.

BTW I had to comment out the reference to AM_ICONV in configure.ac to get freetds to build from git master on Linux

thx
David