[freetds] 0.91 freebcp performance

Ray Rankins rrankins at gothamconsulting.com
Sat Jun 20 09:18:30 EDT 2015

Just tested running a large bcp with 0.91 freebcp and the performance was awful.
Took 1.5 hours to load 5 million rows (conversely, Sybase bcp loaded the same file in 1.5 minutes).
Is there some setting that might be on during compile that would cause freebcp to run slow.
I checked and double checked that the debug flags were not enabled (have made that mistake before) and they were not.
Are there any compile time options that could slow down freebcp that I should make sure are disabled when I compile it?

-Ray