[freetds] dblib test t002 hanging when run against SQL Server 2008r2 SP2 ?

Ramiro Morales cramm0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:45:12 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2015-06-12 15:40 GMT+01:00 Ramiro Morales <cramm0 at gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Looks like you reached the limit, see
>>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174/job/mrcry453g61o351d/messages
>>> However the test log show only 16 minutes... (well.. this would
>>> possible means that test really hung).
>> Exactly,  the builds for free AppVeyor open source accounts have a max
>> TTL of 40min:
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174
>> after which I suspect the simply kill the corresponding VM. But the
>> process reaches the lockup point way earlier and the rest of the time
>> up to min 40 is spent in that frozen state.
>> I've just restarted the build so I can measure it more precisely but
>> 16 mins sounds reasonable.
>> update: Indeed, the execution reaches the problematic test on minute 14 or 15.
>> Wil try removing anyways and try to reproduce this here. Thanks!
>> Regards,
> Found !
> Was an assert macro with a side effect

This is great news! I had only managed to reproduce the issue locally
and was working on adding debugging prints.

Build is successful now:

The Windows CI is proving useful iself after all ;-)

I'll reactivate linking in OpenSSL, try to complete a few items more
in my TODO list and submit the PR in the next days (unfotunately I
only can work on this on my free time).

Thank you very much Frediano.


Ramiro Morales

More information about the FreeTDS mailing list