[freetds] dblib test t002 hanging when run against SQL Server 2008r2 SP2 ?

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:02:57 EDT 2015

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Looks like you reached the limit, see
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174/job/mrcry453g61o351d/messages
>>
>> However the test log show only 16 minutes... (well.. this would
>> possible means that test really hung).
>>

> Exactly,  the builds for free AppVeyor open source accounts have a max
> TTL of 40min:
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174
>
> after which I suspect the simply kill the corresponding VM. But the
> process reaches the lockup point way earlier and the rest of the time
> up to min 40 is spent in that frozen state.
>
> I've just restarted the build so I can measure it more precisely but
> 16 mins sounds reasonable.
>
> update: Indeed, the execution reaches the problematic test on minute 14 or 15.
>
> Wil try removing anyways and try to reproduce this here. Thanks!
>

> Regards,

Oh... after row 46 the test does some on row buffering. However should
print something :(
Output buffering is disabled by

setbuf(stdout, NULL);
setbuf(stderr, NULL);

in common.c. After printing row 46 should enter in dbnextrow and print
it entered there...
I would start adding some printf in t0002.c test. Mostly around line
"verify(46, "...

Frediano