[freetds] FreeTDS version 0.95 just released.

Craig A. Berry craigberry at mac.com
Tue Jun 9 08:22:48 EDT 2015

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 6:50 AM, Norm Lastovica <Lastovica at sciinc.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you so much for this update...
>
> Has anyone completed a build on OpenVMS?  I put my toe in the water yesterday and am getting my fair share of compiler warnings.  Before I spend any additional time I wanted to validate that it is known to work.

There were quite a few informationals about extraneous semicolons but I don’t recall anything too serious.  Yes, it would be nice to get those resolved in a way that doesn’t break something elsewhere, but it hasn’t been a priority.  In any case it seems to build and pass the test suite just fine.  To run the test suite you’ll want to be on an ODS-5 disk, use extended parse and set DECC$EFS_CHARSET in the environment.  Yes, I should document that somewhere.

I also haven’t built the ODBC driver in awhile, so the state of that is unknown.  There are other areas of incompleteness.  For example, we should be able to make use of the new kerberos or OpenSSL support, but I just haven’t gotten around to updating the VMS-specific configuration.

Give a shout if you run into trouble.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry at mac.com

 difficult than getting in."