[freetds] FreeTDS version 0.95 just released.
Lastovica at sciinc.com
Tue Jun 9 07:50:47 EDT 2015
Thank you so much for this update...
Has anyone completed a build on OpenVMS? I put my toe in the water yesterday and am getting my fair share of compiler warnings. Before I spend any additional time I wanted to validate that it is known to work.
From: FreeTDS [mailto:freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Frediano Ziglio
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 12:24
To: FreeTDS Development Group
Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS version 0.95 just released.
Finally, after years of improvements and fixes we got a new version
Summary of Changes in release 0.95
User visible (not in a particular order):
- Support for build with CMake under Windows.
- Support MSSQL 2008:
- new date/time types;
- able to retrieve CLR UDT types in binary format.
- Moved from CVS to git.
- Support MARS under ODBC.
- IPv6 support.
- Support unsigned Sybase types.
- Sybase use some characters conversion like MSSQL.
- Bulk-copy improvements:
- more types;
- support for empty fields;
- no needs for seekable file;
- avoid possible buffer overflows;
- less memory consumption;
- handle different BIT fields in Sybase;
- -T option for datacopy.
- prompting for password (use "-" password on command line);
- empty user/password (to use Kerberos).
- Support for query notifications in ODBC.
- Support for protocols 7.2 and 7.3 under dblib and ctlib.
- dbpivot extension;
- dbprcollen extension to get printable column size;
- add DBCOL2 structure for dbtablecolinfo;
- support DBTEXTSIZE option for dbsetopt;
- support SRCNUMERICBIND and SRCDECIMALBIND binding;
- DATETIME2BIND extension binding to support new mssql 2008 type;
- add SQL_INFO_FREETDS_TDS_VERSION option to SQLGetInfo to retrieve FreeTDS
- add --enable-odbc-wide-tests configure option to use wide functions in
- Better thread support.
- Allow to specify server SPN for GSSAPI.
- Sybase graceful disconnects.
- Better support for VARCHAR(MAX)/VARBINARY(MAX).
- Better error reporting from login failure.
- More strict test for configuration errors, fails if configuration is wrong.
- "use utf-16" option to enable use of UTF-16 for server encoding (MSSQL).
- Remove support for Dev-C++.
- Remove support for bad iconv, use libiconv instead (Tru64 and HP-UX should
be affected), connect will fail.
- New NTLM options:
- "use lanman";
- "use ntlmv2".
- New Kerberos options:
- "realm" ("REALM" in ODBC);
- "spn" ("ServerSPN" in ODBC).
- New certificate options:
- "ca file";
- "crl file";
- "check certificate hostname".
- Many bug fixes, majors:
- SSPI with Kerberos on some setup;
- SQLCancel threading;
- ctlib numeric;
- ODBC statistic function quotings.
People taking part in this effort
- Alexandros Giouzenis <alexandrosg at gmail.com>
- Ben Slade
- datacopy password prompt
- Christos Zoulas
- improve defncopy and fisql
- server maintainer
- some build fixes
- Constantin Vasilyev
- Craig A. Berry <craigberry at mac.com>
- BCP improvements
- VMS support
- Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs at t-online.hu>
- some fixes for dblib
- Ed Avis
- Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 at gmail.com>
- ... lot of stuff ...
- ... really! ...
- Fredy Paquet
- Ian Lister
- James K. Lowden <jklowden at freetds.org>
- documentation update
- Makefiles improvements
- improve error reporting
- ... lot of stuff ...
- Jason Yanowitz
- Jun Kang Chin
- UTF-16 encoding from server ("use utf-16")
- Justin T Pryzby
- Ken Collins
- Kerberos SSPI fix
- Ladislav Karrach <lacak at zoznam.sk>
- help fixing a problem with transaction with newer protocol
- Visual Studio support updates
- add DATETIME2BIND support in dblib and other new types improvements
- Marc Abramowitz <marc at marc-abramowitz.com>
- improved logging and error reporting
- Travis continue integration
- documentation updates
- Martin Wilck
- fix for ctlib cursors
- Matt Lilley
- fix MARS problem
- Matthew Green
- improved datacopy
- Mikhail Denisenko <denisenkom at gmail.com>
- NBCROW support
- Mikhail Teterin
- Peter Deacon <peterd at iea-software.com>
- IPv6 support
- Pietro Cerutti
- Ramiro Morales <ramiro at rmorales.net>
- pymssql support
- fix some bugs with dblib RPC
- many build fixes
- Richard Hughes <richard.freetds at rhughes.net>
- query notification in ODBC
- Samuel Ferencik <samuel.ferencik at barclays.com>
- help fixing NTLM problem with small buffers
- improved ctlib
- Sebastien Flaesch
- Shiva Ramabadran <sramabadran at users.noreply.github.com>
- Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at canonical.com>
- fix some compatibility and bugs
- Tony Esposito
- DYNPROC fix for Sybase
- Willi Langenberger
More information about the FreeTDS