[freetds] Encrypted passwords

Ray Rankins rrankins at gothamconsulting.com
Wed May 27 07:09:26 EDT 2015

Okay, I’ve searched through the list archives and googled all over the place and I think I already know the answer but wanted to ask here.

Is there any version of FreeTDS that supports connecting to a Sybase server that requires passwords to be encrypted when sent over the network?

I’ve tried adding “encrypt = require” to the freetds.conf file, but that didn’t help.

Whenever I try to connect to a Sybase server the requires encrypted password, it fails to login with error message 1640, “Adaptive Server requires encryption of the login password on the network.”

Looking at the source code for version 0.91 stable release, it looks like this functionality is not implemented?

Thanks,

-Ray