[freetds] Two versions of user guide?

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 19:53:58 EDT 2015

Thank you.

Don't you think 9.0 on the table is too misleading?

The story about the version was a bit more complicated. For 7.0 was
exactly the product version (MSSQL 7 is product 7.0 with protocol
7.0). For MSSQL 2000 (product 8.0) there were some documentation
(probably MSDN) that also refer to a 8.0 protocol version. Could be a
misunderstanding, a typo or the author didn't know much about but it
did not came directly from us, or at least was confirmed in a semi
official way. Years after when they released the specifications we saw
7.1 and so on.

Frediano