[freetds] Version Not Updating; Connection Not Connecting

Sergio NNX sfhacker at hotmail.com
Sat May 16 21:13:40 EDT 2015

> My boss wouldn't give me the work-time to read any guides from
back-to-front but I've been skimming through it.  A bit of my confusion
came because I was reading mixed MSSQL and Sybase articles in terms of
connecting because I was advised earlier to use MSSQL connection
settings because they were basically the same DB (or at least similar
enough - in this case, apparently not).

> I really appreciate the time you took to look and respond, thank you!

Hi Ben,

We have been using FreeTDS with MSSQL & Sybase for some time now without issues. We have just built the latest RC version and it's very promising (have you tried a newer version?). We don't use Linux here. However I assume the config files would be the same regardless of the OS. We are more than happy to help provided we can reproduce your settings or environment on Windows.

Cheers.

Sergio.