[freetds] [0.95rc1] Some preliminary test results

Sergio NNX sfhacker at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 15:14:06 EDT 2015

Thanks for looking into this.

> Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 19:10:51 +0100
> From: freddy77 at gmail.com
> To: freetds at lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: Re: [freetds] [0.95rc1] Some preliminary test results

> > Thanks guys for all your hard work!
> >
> > Some test results .... using MS SQL Server 2008
> >
> > Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
> >                             Version: freetds v0.95rc1
> >              freetds.conf directory: \freetds-0.95rc1\etc
> >      MS db-lib source compatibility: no
> >         Sybase binary compatibility: no
> >                       Thread safety: yes
> >                       iconv library: yes
> >                         TDS version: 7.0
> >                               iODBC: no
> >                            unixodbc: yes
> >               SSPI "trusted" logins: yes
> >                            Kerberos: yes (Heimdal 1.6.99)
> >                             OpenSSL: yes (OpenSSL 1.0.2a)
> >                              GnuTLS: no
> >

> Looks like a Windows build! Good.

Indeed it is!

> > ===================
> > All 20 tests passed (tds/unittests)
> > ===================
> >
> > ===================
> > All 29 tests passed (ctlib/unittests)
> > ===================
> >
> > ====================
> > 2 of 35 tests failed (dblib/unittests)
> > ====================
> >
> > Failed tests: rpc, thread
> >
> > [...]
> > retrieving output parameters...
> > param name                  type length  data
> > ----  -------------------   ----  ----- ------------------------------
> > 1     @null_input             39      3  xml
> > 2     @first_type             39      6  bigint
> > 3     @nullout                56      0
> > 4     @varchar_tds7_out       39   8000  ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷...
> > 5     @nvarchar_tds7_out      39   4000  öööööööööö...
> > 6     @nrows                  56      4  3
> > Good: Got 6 output parameters and 1 return status of 42.
> > Expected an empty resultset got 2.
> > FAIL rpc (exit status: 1)
> >

> This is quite weird. Which server and protocol version are you using?
> Can you enable dumps?

Whichever version is set by the command 'make check'
I'll try to enable dumps and re-run the tests

> > ====================
> > 8 of 71 tests failed (odbc/unittests)
> > ====================
> >
> > Failed tests: connect, genparams, rpc, typeinfo, describecol, timeout3, freeclose, cancel
> >

> I think you are using protocol 7.0 with a newer server. Looks like
> this combination make some tests fails (genparams, describecol and
> perhaps type info). About timeout3, freeclose and connect perhaps
> these require some hack that not work that well on Windows. cancel
> worry me a bit. Can you post outputs?

When you type 'make check', does it set any protocol version?
If I use protocol 8.0, I get exactly the same number (and name) of failed tests.

---- connect test output ----

connect string DSN connect..
connect string SERVERNAME connect..
odbcinst.ini must be configured with FreeTDS driver..
Unable to open data source (ret=-1)
Unable to open data source (ret=-1)
Unable to open data source (ret=-1)
connect.c:129 Too few successes
FAIL connect.exe (exit status: 1)

--- freeclose test output ---

Error finding last socket opened
FAIL freeclose.exe (exit status: 1)

--- typeinfo test output ---

select cast(getdate() as date)
CheckType 139
CheckType 141
Data expected. Input type 9 - SQL_DATE line 141
FAIL typeinfo.exe (exit status: 1)

--- timeout3 test output ---

Fake server binded at port 12340
try to connect to our port just to check connection timeout
gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000008 at 0x76e012f7

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
0x76fb15ee in ntdll!LdrQueryProcessModuleInformation ()
   from C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x76fb15ee in ntdll!LdrQueryProcessModuleInformation ()
   from C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
#1  0x76fb15ee in ntdll!LdrQueryProcessModuleInformation ()
   from C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
#2  0x76fa015e in ntdll!LdrFindResource_U ()
   from C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
#3  0x002880d4 in ?? ()
#4  0x768f1438 in KERNEL32!GetPrivateProfileStructA ()
   from C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
#5  0x00400000 in ?? ()
#6  0x0046d62d in dlsym ()
#7  0x00288618 in ?? ()