[freetds] Symlinks for nightly tarballs, Windows builds via Appveyor CI platform

Ramiro Morales cramm0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:48:41 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Ramiro Morales <cramm0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found the files published under ftp://ftp.freetds.org/pub/freetds/ and their symlinks suffer from some issues:
>
> a. In current/ subdir: Newest snapshot as of now is freetds-dev.0.92.1014.tar.gz created on Apr 9 2015 which seems to be correct as the last commit to master branch is around such date but the freetds-current.tgz tarball actually poins to freetds-dev.0.92.990 from March 24.
>
> b. (nitpick) no freetds-current.tar.bz2 symlink is published.

One more I forgot:

c. In stable/ subdir: The freetds-patched.tgz symlink points to an old
snapshot from the Branch-0_91 branch as of Jun 24 2012 (it contanins a
freetds-0.91.dev.20120624/ tree). It'd great if it pointed to a
tarball of the actual tip of such branch.

> [...]
>
> Something similar can be implemented for Linux CI builds using services of other similar companies like TravisCI/CircleCI, but in these cases test suite execution would need to be pointed to a SQL Server instance hosted somewhere else just like Marc Abramowitz implemented for pymssql some time ago.

I see now there has been already work on this
https://travis-ci.org/FreeTDS/freetds/branches by Marc and other
individuals.

Regards,

--