[freetds] Compiling db-lib using Visual C++ 2005 Express

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Tue May 27 09:55:57 EDT 2014

Hi,
here are 3 patches for Visual Studio project files, which adds missing
files.
I have tested it under Win32/Visual C++ 2005 Express.

To successfuly compile there must be done also other changes for example
add into "replacements" / PreprocessorDefinitions - _WIN32_WINNT=0x0400

I have not added it to patch because I do not know if it is needed only
on Win32 platform or also x64 platform ?

I attach also patch for win32/config.h with changes required to compile
with Visual C++ 2005
(but I do not know if they are OK also for other compilers under Win32)

Thanks
-Laco.

> Sure!
>
> Frediano

>> I have resolved these errors.
>> I have added
>> - socketpair.c to "replacements"
>> - #define HAVE_GETADDRINFO 1 in win32/config.h
>> - add define _WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 to "replacements"
>> Is it okay?
>> If I prepare patch for VS C++ project files, do you will accept them ?
>> Thanks
>> -Laco.
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am trying compile dblib.dll using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express
>>> I use freetds-master/FreeTDS.sln as starting point (after time I have
>>> added some missing files)
>>> But I still can not resolve these errors:
>>> tds.lib(mem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>>> _tds_freeaddrinfo
>>> tds.lib(config.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>>> _tds_freeaddrinfo
>>> tds.lib(mem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>>> _tds_socketpair
>>> tds.lib(config.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>>> _tds_getaddrinfo
>>> tds.lib(net.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>>> _tds_getnameinfo