[freetds] db-lib: support for new MS SQL 2008 data types - part 4

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon May 26 07:48:38 EDT 2014

Frediano Ziglio  wrote / napísal(a):

>>> The rest looks fine. Can I apply with the type changed or there is a
>>> specific reason why you choose this type?
>>>

>> OK, no problem, apply it with change you have proposed (SYBMSDATETIME2
>> changed to SYBMSDATETIMEOFFSET)
>> Thanks
>> -Laco.
>>

> Committed.

Thanks

> Do you have some tests?

I am sorry, but I do not have. I wrote patch without testing. My
intention was add new code for supporting new MS DATE TIME types in
dbbind(), which let other users use it and test it :-) (and probably
improve it)
(from my POV is now db-lib capable handle new MS date time data types,
so nothing prevents other users to use and test it)
In my "DB framework" I do not use dbbind() but only dbdata() +
dbconvert() , which I have tested ... as far as patch for "dbbind()" is
very similar to previous patches for "dbconvert()" I think, that there
will be no problem with it.

Thanks
-Laco.