[freetds] bcp/datacopy numeric columns

John Kendall john at capps.com
Wed May 21 03:51:28 EDT 2014

Big thanks to Frediano for fixing bit columns in bcp.

I'm running into a problem using datacopy and numerics now.  The decimals get truncated.

The problem is easy to reproduce:

         create table tempdb..tbla (num numeric(10,2))
         insert tempdb..tbla values (12345.67)

         $ datacopy -c dbo -S SRV/usr/pw/tempdb/tbla -D SRV/usr/pw/tempdb/tblb

         select * from tempdb..tbla
         num
         -------------
               12345.67

         select * from tempdb..tblb
         num
              12345.00

Note we lost 0.67.  No error messages from data copy.
The problem occurs with both Sybase and MS SQL Server.
I’m running this on SPARC, if endianess matters.

Thanks,
John