[freetds] Does logging work on Windows XP?

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Wed Apr 23 03:03:01 EDT 2014

richard at xentu.com  wrote / napísal(a):
> On 2014-04-22 22:07, Sergio NNX wrote:
>> Just a random guess, have you checked some env vars out?
>
> Hi Sergio,
>
> The docs say I should use an environment variable TDSDUMP to switch on
> logging.  I had no such variable. However, if I define one, logging
> works! So, freetds on xp seems to ignore logging requests in the conf
> file, but honor an appropriate variable.
Do you have set FREETDS env.var. ?
See: http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm

BTW. may be that you noticed, that Richard comes from FreePascal /
Lazarus "world", which is also my community ;-)
(for explanation: in FreePascal we have "MS SQL Connection" component,
which is build on top of FreeTDS db-lib ABI)
One of things, which are missing in db-lib is possibility set
"encryption level" using API function.
So for this case freetds.conf must be used.
May be that it will be nice have API function, which will set
login->tds_login->encryption_level or easier extend dbsetllong() with
new option ?
(which will allow high level component to publish such property and set
it directly without need of freetds.conf)

-Laco.