[freetds] Does logging work on Windows XP?

Ramiro Morales cramm0 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 10:36:37 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:19 AM, James K. Lowden <jklowden at freetds.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 11:55:59 +0100
> richard at xentu.com wrote:
>
>> [global]
>>    dump file = c:\freetds.log
>> but no log file is produced.
>
> Are you sure have rights to create files in C:\?  No message is
> produced if the log file cannot be opened.  Probably perror(3) should
> be called in that case.
>
> I do not think you need to escape the backslash, because FreeTDS
> interprets it literally.  You could try c:/freetds.log, but I doubt
> that will change anything.  You might also try substituting whatever
> value is in your environment for TEMP.

Right. I'm at the office now and I see I have a freetds.conf file I
used when testing things a while back (circa 0.91 release):

[global]
;tds version = 7.1
tds version = auto
;dump file append = yes
dump file = d:\sql\sql.log
debug flags = 0x2FFF
;client charset = US-ASCII
;client charset = UTF-8
;initial block size = 4096

Logging worked so this is another data point that'd suggest your
problem is a FS permisson thing.

--
Ramiro Morales
@ramiromorales