[freetds] db-lib: support for new MS SQL 2008 data types - part 3

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Wed Apr 16 07:44:38 EDT 2014

Hi again,
Now I am personally happy with patched db-lib in regards of support new
DATE - TIME data types.
But there are still missing some parts, which may be interesting to
somebody else.
I meant dbbind() family of API with corresponding *BIND constants and
binary structure used to store this types.

How to handle binding of new date, time types ?

- introduce new DBDATETIMEALLBIND (or DBDATETIME2BIND) constant in sybdb.h ?
- introduce new DBDATETIMEALL struct (==TDS_DATETIMEALL struct) in
sybdb.h  ?
- add support to copy_data_to_host_var() function in dblib.c ?

If you give me direction I can prepare patch ...
(if it is good idea add support for BINDing ?)
Thanks
-Laco.