[freetds] Unable to build freetds

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Fri Sep 20 18:35:53 EDT 2013

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
Feroze Daud <khichdo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Then ran ./make
>
> It seems to build something, but it does not build the unit tests in
> src/odbc/unittests. If I go into that directory and make, it doesnt
> do anything...

Yes, "make all" doesn't build the unit tests.  "make check" builds them
*and* runs them, which takes awhile.  It could be made more convenient,
but not many people care, and it's quite a bit to take on for anyone
who's not an autoconf expert.

What you can do is change to src/odbc/unittests and run

	$ make genparams
	$ ./genparams

Don't forget to update your PWD file first.

HTH.