[freetds] Problem with message handler

Chris Kings-Lynne Chris.Kings-Lynne at navitas.com
Thu Sep 19 00:28:23 EDT 2013

Dare I ask when 0.93 will be happening?

Cheers,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of James K. Lowden
Sent: Tuesday, 17 September 2013 6:46 AM
To: freetds at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with message handler

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 00:50:36 +0000
Chris Kings-Lynne <Chris.Kings-Lynne at navitas.com> wrote:

>> http://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/commit/bc22b2ef817fb5d102bd75811
>> 1ff3634b39a1319

> This change is in dblib.c, and it happens BEFORE it executes the
> user-registered error handler, right?  So, as soon as I switch to this
> version of FreeTDS, the bug should just "fix itself" in PHP?

The change on line 98 is a correction.  In the event a message is received with severity > 10, the error handler will now be invoked with SYBEMSG.  Previously -- and contrary to the documentation -- the error number passed to the error handler was the message number.

The sequence of events is unchanged and should be:

1.  application invokes db-lib function
2.  message received from server
3.  message handler invoked
4.  error handler invoked
5.  data, if any, receieved from the server 6.  db-lib function returns

> This is because it will always pass the SYBESMSG code to the PHP
> handler, hence fixing the error in PHP?

Can't say.  Seems like it might.

> Has this commit made it into a release version yet?

No.  It should be in the nightly snapshot.

https://login.mailguard.com.au/report/1HZq9FL1Mx/4fBrMfKzhvrfWitF7hmObK/0