[freetds] One failing unit test (iconv_read) on git master on OS X

Marc Abramowitz msabramo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 12:15:46 EDT 2013

Marc Abramowitz <marca <at> surveymonkey.com> writes:

> On 9/16/13 11:34 AM, "Frediano Ziglio" <freddy77 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I believe you... I just don't understand why it always worked on my
> >machine!
>
> What OS do you have? Do you have LC_* variables set?

And hopefully not beating a dead horse (but perhaps illustrating the usefulness
of Travis CI, which I mention in another thread), the iconv_fread test also
fails on Travis CI (which runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Server Edition 64 bit):

    https://travis-ci.org/msabramo/freetds/builds/11496984#L1940

It will be interesting to find out what is different about your machine that
causes that test to pass, because it might be masking bugs.