[freetds] FreeTDS problems with converting SQL BigInt

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Mon Sep 16 18:51:35 EDT 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:30:54 -0700 (PDT)
Feroze Daud <khichdo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am using odbc.
>
> I know 0.64 is not supported, but I dont have the liberty to upgrade.
> I could make a case for upgrading if this bug is fixed in 0.82.
>
> Is this a known bug that was fixed in 0.82?

Even 0.82 is five years old now.

The unit test src/odbc/unittests/const_params.c uses an output
parameter of type integer.  I'd suggest modifying it to test a bigint
instead.  If it fails, that's a bug worth fixing.  If it succeeds, you
have your solution.

HTH.