[freetds] FreeTDS not giving any results

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Mon Sep 9 08:40:43 EDT 2013

From: Randy Syring <rsyring at gmail.com<mailto:rsyring at gmail.com>>
On 09/09/2013 03:56 AM, James Andrewartha wrote:

That particular
machine also uses Tiny TDS 0.5.0 (which is a ruby binding) without any
problems.

I'm pretty sure Tiny TDS uses its own bundled version of FreeTDS and doesn't rely on the system FreeTDS.  We do the same with pymssql.

Hmm, this one is linked against the system libsybdb.s o:

        libsybdb.so.5 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsybdb.so.5 (0x00007f7c84849000)

It also uses /etc/freetds/freetds.conf, which is what made me think of it. I can't speak too much to the app or how the gems were compiled for it, it's written and managed by a third party.

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer