[freetds] FreeTDS not giving any results

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Fri Sep 6 08:51:06 EDT 2013

On 6/09/13 5:05 PM, "James Andrewartha" <jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au>
wrote:
>I have a python script that uses pymssql 1.0.2, that in turn uses
>FreeTDS 0.91, connecting to a MSSQL 2008 server. It used to work, but
>now I don't get any results. The FreeTDS log (below) show the data is
>received, but it's not processed for some reason. I did some code diving
>and printf debugging, and dblib.c sets the results_state to empty
>because of a TDS_COMPUTEFMT_RESULT (line 4698 in dbsqlok). Does anyone
>know why this is happening?

A few other things about that log - it's actually from the development
tarball, and the data processed is exactly the first packet received - the
log doesn't record any others, and the TCP window fills up so it's not
pulling them out of the socket buffer either.

--
James Andrewartha

Network & Projects Engineer
Christ Church Grammar School