[freetds] Building Sybperl against FreeTDS on Fedora

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Jul 19 10:29:58 EDT 2013

A few years later, I revisited the advice to build FreeTDS without the
--enable-msdblib flag, in order to build Sybperl using it.  I took the
freetds-0.91-8.gitf3ae29d packaged with Fedora and rebuilt it without
this flag.  Now most of Sybperl builds, but the dblib parts fail with
'undefined symbol: dbregparam'.

Is there something I need to set to make freetds provide this symbol?
My configure command line is

%configure \
        --disable-dependency-tracking \
        --disable-rpath \
        %{!?_with_static: --disable-static} \
        --with-tdsver="4.2" \
        --with-unixodbc="%{_prefix}" \
        --enable-sybase-compat \
        --with-gnutls \
        --enable-krb5

Looking at dblib.c, I see that dbregparam is unimplemented, but can I do
something to get the program to link, even if it fails at run time if
this is called?

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>