[freetds] Possible regression from 0.82 to 0.91: dbpoll function not found

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Thu Jul 4 09:41:01 EDT 2013

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 14:42:05 -0600
jonesd at xmission.com wrote:

> I'm trying to build OpenDBX 1.4.6 using FreeTDS to supply
> the SQL Server backend.  I encountered no problems doing so with
> FreeTDS 0.82.  With FreeTDS 0.91, I'm receiving the following error
> during make.
> mssql_basic.c:324:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'dbpoll' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

dbpoll() is defined in dblib.c, but is not implemented.  It is
now guarded by DBLIB_UNIMPLEMENTED.

If you define that symbol, I suspect OpenDBX will compile and link.
However, it may not *work* correctly because all the function does is
check its arguments.  If OpenDBX doesn't call it, I recommend removing
references to it.  If it does call dbpoll(), it should either be
modified not to, or someone will have to implement the function.

HTH.