[freetds] nvarchar conversion issue

Vann, David dvann2 at valleyhealthlink.com
Mon Jul 1 15:50:11 EDT 2013

I'm running a query against a SQL Server 2008 table that has nvarchar columns.  It's returning the data from within an oracle sqlplus query with extra spaces.  "Bill Smith" is queried as "B i l l  S m i t h".

I've tried several "client charset" settings in the freetds.conf file but nothing seems to work.  I've also tried various HS_NLS_NCHAR settings in the initCardHolders.ora.  Just not having much luck.  Has anyone been able to address this issue and if so how?

Here is the current setting:
[CardHolders]
        host = xxxxxx.com
        port = 1433