[freetds] "Data conversion resulted in overflow" with float constants

arielCo arielco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 18:44:10 EDT 2013

James, I substituted dbwillconvert() successfully in the 0.91 tarball,
but in Git it now boolean-izes the result of tds_willconvert:
	return tds_willconvert(srctype, desttype) ? TRUE : FALSE;
Which makes more sense given the function name, but dbwillconvert
remains a scalar.

Since there are three mostly-redundant switch statements, and the one
in tds_willconvert is almost complete, maybe:
* have a single switch statement in, say, get_printable_size(type,size)
* _get_printable_size(colinfo) would be a wrapper
* tds_willconvert(srctype, desttype) calls get_printable_size(),
perhaps mapping SYBINTN to SYBINT8 since the size doesn't matter
* dbwillconvert stays a wrapper
* both *willconvert() functions return a boolean

Whaddyathink? (:

Ariel Cornejo
+58·412·8083546