[freetds] tsql -C : cannot execute

Abdul Wahid Dalvi awahidt3 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 00:38:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

We have two servers solaris 8 and solaris 10.
Freetds work absolutely fine on these two servers as they access the same
FreeTDS installation through Shared File System.

*Output of tsql -C on both the server is :*

*tsql -C*
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
                            Version: freetds v0.91
             freetds.conf directory: /home/rolta/Solaris/freetds/etc
     MS db-lib source compatibility: no
        Sybase binary compatibility: no
                      Thread safety: yes
                      iconv library: no
                        TDS version: 5.0
                              iODBC: no
                           unixodbc: no
              SSPI "trusted" logins: no
                           Kerberos: no

*Configuration for these server are as below:*

*Solaris 8:*

*$uname -a*
SunOS rolta02 5.8 Generic_117350-62 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210

*$cat /etc/release*
Solaris 8 2/04 s28s_hw4wos_05a SPARC
           Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                            Assembled 08 January 2004
*$isainfo -kv*
64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules

*Solaris 10:*

*$uname -a*
SunOS TZ3 5.10 Generic_141414-01 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M

*$cat /etc/release*
Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 27 October 2008

*$isainfo -kv*
64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules

We are planing to migrate Solaris 8 to a new Solaris 10 server.

*Configuration for  new Solaris 10:*

*$uname -a*
*
*
SunOS roltadev08 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc

*$cat /etc/release*
*
*
                       Solaris 10 10/08 s10x_u6wos_07b X86
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 27 October 2008

*$isainfo -kv*
*
*
64-bit amd64 kernel modules

When I am trying to execute tsql -C on this new Solaris 10 machine its
giving an error message

ksh : tsql -C : cannot execute

Can someone please help me on this. I have never work on freeTDS before.

Many Thanks.
Best Regards,
Abdul Wahid Dalvi