[freetds] SQL_DESC_UNSIGNED column attribute returns the wrong value for tinyint SQL Server columns

Sergio delaCruz sergio.delacruz at oracle.com
Mon Apr 1 18:03:22 EDT 2013

Hi:

I'm a developer for MySQL Workbench. We support FreeTDS to communicate
with MS SQL Server and Sybase ASE in our Migration Wizard.

When dealing with a bug in our codebase
(http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=68084) we realized that the return
value that we get when requesting the SQL_DESC_UNSIGNED attribute via
the SQLColAttribute function for a SQL Server TINYINT column differs
from what one would expect (SQL_TRUE). Microsoft's drivers return the
correct value (TINYINT is by definition unsigned in T-SQL).

Is this a bug in FreeTDS? Can you comment on this?

Regards,

--
Sergio A. de la Cruz Rodriguez
Software Developer, MySQL Developer Tools