[freetds] IPv6 support?

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:31:49 EST 2013

2013/1/28 Dick Visser <visser at terena.org>

> Hi everyone
>
> I am currently deploying MS SQL Server 2008R2, which is running on an
> IPv6-only system.
> This seems to work OK (i.e. server can be managed and SQL server can be used).
> We are mostly a Linux shop, and thus have set-up our monitoring with
> Nagios on Ubuntu.
> I would like to use this Nagios plugin:
>
> http://labs.consol.de/nagios/check_mssql_health/
>
> That is written in Perl, using DBI, which uses DBD::Sybase, which in
> turn uses FreeTDS, which does not (yet) support IPv6.
>
> Would it be possible to add support for IPv6?
>
> Many thanks!
>

> --
> Dick Visser
> System & Networking Engineer
> TERENA Secretariat
> Singel 468 D, 1017 AW Amsterdam
> The Netherlands

Are you asking if anybody is willing to write support for IPv6 or if
we are happy you provide a patch for IPv6 and are you asking if we are
going to accept it? Well.. yes, we accept patches!

If you search on internet for "patch IPv6" there are quite a few.
Personally I'd use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo and write portable wrapper
if not available.

Frediano