[freetds] issues connecting with perl DBD::ODBC

Dan Wierenga dwierenga at valueclick.com
Tue Jun 23 13:56:50 EDT 2009

When my setup references an invalid host in the connection string, I
get:
Unable for connect to server [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to
connect to data source (SQL-08001)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1)

And not the blank $DBI::errstr that you get.   The blank errstr is
really odd.   When things mysteriously die on Redhat servers with no
error messages, I'm always inclined to have a look at the SELinux logs
to see if SELinux is bushwhacking my connections silently.  You might
try looking there.

HTH,
Dan

This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying, distribution,
posting, or use of the information contained in or attached to this
email is prohibited unless permitted by the sender.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender
via return email, telephone, or fax and destroy this original transmission
and its included files without reading or saving it in any manner.
Thank you.