[freetds] Build problems on HP-UX Itanium ia64

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:49:47 EDT 2009

Il giorno lun, 22/06/2009 alle 10.24 +0000, Goyal, Pravin Shyam ha
scritto:
> Hi Chris,
> Even I am working on compiling freetds on HP-UX IA 64 machines from past 2 weeks. Let us work together. For me I have successfully installed unixODBC and now when I install freetds  ignoring the make and make check errors the isql connection hangs up.
>
> Let us work together. Attached is the errors that I get:
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Pravin Goyal

I would go back and make tsql working before. It seems you have a
possible problem with iconv. Try installing libiconv or disable iconv
(I'd personally prefer first way!).

Build FreeTDS and try to connect with tsql either using freetds.conf or
using -H and -p options. Have you also tried with ping to server (to see
name resolution) and telnet (to see connectivity) ?