[freetds] Make problem....

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Sat Jun 20 17:26:35 EDT 2009

Craig A. Berry wrote:

> > | http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/CVS
> > |
> > | "All standard features of CVS 1.11.x are supported."
> >
> > Heh, that explains it. I will add to to my reasons for not using
> > ScourgeForge.
>

> How about we add it to the reasons to ditch CVS and switch to git or
> Mercurial?

How to put this exactly?  You can't expect a guy who maintains a 20-year
old API in a 40-year old language to rush into using new tools?

At the risk of seeming hopelessly stodgy, I would be willing to move to
Subversion, which (finally!) I also use at work.  Sadly, it appears svn
doesn't support local keyword substitution at all, whereas if SF were to
upgrade CVS, we'd have the feature.

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/ccvs/NEWS?revision=1.383&root=cvs&view=markup

Talk about not rushing:  It appears the feature was added to CVS in 2003
in version 1.12.2.