[freetds] [unixODBC-support] isql connection hangs

Craig A. Berry craigberry at mac.com
Fri Jun 19 14:34:29 EDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 5:12 AM, Goyal, Pravin Shyam wrote:

> [...]

It's normal for a configuration process to try a lot of things that
don't work on its way to finding out what does work, so if you only
see these things in config.log and not on your terminal, it's unlikely
that they are relevant.

> # pwd
> /usr/local/etc
> # cat odbcinst.ini
> [FreeTDS]
> Description = Pravin's TDS
> Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> UsageCount = 3
> # cat odbc.ini
> [MSSQLTestServer]
> Driver          = FreeTDS
> Description             = Test SQL Swerver
> Trace           = No
> Server          = 16.138.74.27\BTHUYAVANA11
> Port            = 1433
> Database                = master
>
> # isql -v MSSQLTestServer 'sa' 'Windows2003server'
> <this hangs up>

Have you tried Freddy's suggestion of removing the port?  Can you set
aside unixODBC for the moment and successfully connect using FreeTDS's
tsql?  Have you followed the troubleshooting instructions at <http://www.freetds.org/userguide/troubleshooting.htm
 >?  Are there any signs of what's wrong when you enable TDSDUMPCONFIG
in the environment and review the log it generates?

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry at mac.com

  difficult than getting in."
                  Brad Leithauser