[freetds] Two Qs, one on Sybase, one on ODBC

Rebecca Witmer rwitmer at versay.com
Fri May 29 13:02:11 EDT 2009

Okay, here's the answer:

To get Sybase to install you have to read the suggestion here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-users@perl.org/msg31071.html

Those symbols are missing from the FreeTDS include files.

Edit dbdimp.c, and somewhere near the top add:

#define BLK_VERSION_150 BLK_VERSION_100
#define BLK_VERSION_125 BLK_VERSION_100
#define BLK_VERSION_120 BLK_VERSION_100

Also, do not try testing using the scripts here:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/perl.htm#DBD.SYBASE

Because there is no Sybase public server since about 10 years ago,
apparently.  Definitely not now.

Rebecca