[freetds] Two Qs, one on Sybase, one on ODBC

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Thu May 28 22:16:33 EDT 2009

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/README
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/cspublic.BLK_VERSION_150.patch

> Unable for connect to server [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not
> found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded
> (SQL-IM002) at testFreetds.pl line 20.
>
> What kind of driver is it looking for and where do I find it?
>
> The readme says to define these:
>
>      DBI_DSN   The dbi data source, e.g. 'dbi:ODBC:YOUR_DSN_HERE'
>      DBI_USER  The username to use to connect to the database
>      DBI_PASS  The username to use to connect to the database
>      ODBCHOME  (Unix only) The dir your driver manager is installed in
>                or specify this via -o argument to Makefile.PL
>
> I don't have ODBCHOME defined because I have no idea what a driver
> manager is, or whether I have it.

I don't have all this cooking on my Mac, which I use mostly for answering
the mail, but /Library/ODBC seems like it would would be a good guess.
cf. iodbc-config(1).

HTH.