[freetds] Build problems on HP-UX Itanium ia64

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Thu May 28 21:58:26 EDT 2009

Chris Mathews wrote:
> I am trying to build freetds-0.82 sources on HP-UX Itanium ia64 platform
> and I get the following problems along the way:
>
> configure: WARNING: wchar.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: wchar.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: wchar.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: wchar.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"

HP/UX has some subtle "features" governed by preprocessor macros.  Sockets
in particular come to mind.

http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/autoconf/Present-But-Cannot-Be-Compiled.html

may offer some guidance.  While it suggests changes you can't easily make
(to the autoconf inputs), it also says the cause is a disagreement between
the preprocesor and the compiler.  That sounds like a local setup issue.

HTH.