[freetds] Connection support only one query at a time

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:56:25 EDT 2009

Il giorno ven, 22/05/2009 alle 17.45 +0200, Matthias Cramer ha scritto:
> Hi James
>
> You're my hero of the day ... I now open two connections at the beginning of my script. One to the outer loop and one for the inner querries.
>
> Execution time of my script is now down to 17s from >90s ... great.
>
> Thanks again for the enlightenment.
>
> Regards
>
>   Matthias

If you use ODBC (like DBD::ODBC) you can even use cursors.
Just use cursor for outer loop and normal queries for inner ones.
Also consider using other types queries or handle code all in server.
Honestly I had to use client side cursors only a time in my life, in
this case processing every row and updating the same row on some
complicated conditions (where computation was not possible on server).

Regards
  Frediano