[freetds] Build problems on HP-UX Itanium ia64

Chris Mathews Chris.Mathews at sysmech.co.uk
Wed May 20 12:22:40 EDT 2009

Hi There,

My first post so please be kind ­ and sorry if this stating the obvious
but...

Has anyone successfully built freetds-0.82 sources on HP-UX Itanium ia64
platform ?

If not I will investigate ­ I just didn¹t want to spent time if it is solved
already.

Using this command:

../freetds-0.82/configure --disable-libconv --prefix=/usr/local/freetds
--with-pic

I am trying to build freetds-0.82 sources on HP-UX Itanium ia64 platform and
I get the following problems along the way:

configure: WARNING: wchar.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: wchar.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: wchar.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: wchar.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: wchar.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: wchar.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the FreeTDS lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------- ##

checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the FreeTDS lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------- ##

checking netdb.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netdb.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netdb.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the FreeTDS lists.  ##

checking for socklen_t... no
checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a type to
use in place of socklen_t

Full log attached.

Cheers ‹ Chris