[freetds] Does FreeTDS support access to SQL Server 2000/2005 from HPUX 11i on 64-bit Itanium

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Wed May 20 01:07:17 EDT 2009

Betty Gwon wrote:
> Can you please tell me what you mean by right version of everything?

In particular, make sure your driver manager is up to date.  Check its
documentation regarding 64-bit issues.  I can't be more specific because I
don't have much direct experience with it.

> In
> my current freetds.config file, it says "freetds.conf,v 1.12".  Is this
> the correct version?

That's a user-edited file that describes servers.  The revision isn't
important; what matters is what you put in it.

> Should I be using TDS Version 8.0 for both SQL
> Server 2000 and 2008?

Yes.  Or TDS 7.0.

HTH.