[freetds] Does FreeTDS support access to SQL Server 2000/2005 from HPUX 11i on 64-bit Itanium

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Mon May 18 18:14:11 EDT 2009

Betty Gwon wrote:
> Can someone please tell me if I can use
> FreeTDS to extract data from an SQL server 2000 and a SQL Server 2005
> server from an Itanium (64-bit) server?
> Sorry, correction.  I need to know if we can connect to SQL Server 2000
> and 2008.

Answer to all questions is Yes.  FreeTDS works on any 64-bit architecture
for which it compiles.

64-bit ODBC is a little tricky though.  The ODBC 3.0 specification was not
64-bit clean, meaning there were places where pointers were passed as
integers.  AIUI this has all been resolved if you use the right versions
of everything, especially of the Driver Manager.

HTH.